in Systemic Constellations 2024 (Year 2) – waiting list
The CSC Applied Training in Systemic Family Constellations both follows and extends the learning journey of the Foundation year. This course enables participants to deepen their understanding of systemic philosophy, and develop the skills required to put theory into practice.
The Applied Training is a one-year course. In addition to the 4 training modules and 3 online teaching sessions, you will also receive 2 tutorials (dates to be arranged individually) with your personal tutor. Students are also able to attend 2 faculty-led workshops as a representative during the course.
A Certificates of Attendance will be issued to each student at the end of the training. This training is regarded as essential learning for those hoping to develop a career in Systemic Constellation Work, and will equip others with the skills needed to integrate a constellating methodology into the existing professional contexts in which they work, including forms of one-to-one practice.
Who is it for?
This course is for individuals who have completed the Foundation Training in systemic family constellations with CSC, or an equivalent training with another similarly oriented institution, and who wish to further develop their understanding of this perspective, and integrate it into their professional practice and personal life. It is particularly relevant for professionals whose work brings them into contact with family and other social systems, for example:
- Therapists, counsellors, coaches, health and education professionals and those in related fields
- Social care professionals working with children and families, marginalised social groups and refugees
- Those working in the field of substance abuse and in the criminal justice system
- Alternative health practitioners and those working in other healing modalities
- Those working creatively and in the arts, particularly film and theatre work
- As a method of working that seeks to find a place for every member of the system, this approach can deepen other resolution-oriented perspectives and methodologies.
What will you learn?
This training follows on from the Foundation Training and significantly deepens the knowledge and understanding of the theoretical principles that underpin practice. This course continues to emphasise the importance of experiential learning, and learning by doing, but also provides essential teaching on all aspects of social systems. Whilst learning specific areas of practice, each module will also:
Facilitator Capacity & Orientation – Enabling Systemic Work to Flow Within
- Radical inclusion and what it asks of us – a revision of key concepts
- Working with groups – formation, coherence and safety
- Working one to one – different forms of constellation work
- Establishing a group agreement for the ‘Learning by Doing’ sessions
Parents and Children – An Exploration of the Primary System
- ‘The Orders’ and the family system
- The Missing, and their impact on the system
- The orders relating to blended families
- Early loss, adoption and fostering
When all have a place – Working with Perpetrators & Victim Dynamics
- Where do perpetrators belong in the system
- Culture, race, conflict and war
- Facing trauma and how to avoid re-traumatisation
- Working with murder, abortion, rape and abuse
Understanding Systemic Health and Symptoms
- Working with the healing impulse
- Health and symptoms seen through the systemic lens
- Physical crises, accidents & issues of bonding and bonding failure
- Finding a place for death and the dead
Intimate Relationships Through the Systemic Lens
- Working with couples and same sex relationships
- The ordering forces that support the flow of love and intimacy
- The place of the facilitator in group work
- Ritual and celebration, attending to the ending of the training group
Course Dates 2024
The Applied Training 2024 includes 4 training modules, each three days long and 3 full-day Zoom sessions. Modules 1 & 3 will be run in London and modules 2 & 4 will be run in Bristol.
|Module 1 (London) – 09.15am-5.00pm||24-26 January 2024||Wednesday – Friday|
|Zoom Session 1 (9.30am-5.30pm)||23 February 2024||Friday|
|Module 2 (Bristol) – 09.30am-5.30pm||6-8 March 2024||Wednesday- Friday|
|Zoom Session 2 (9.30am-5.30pm)||12 April 2024||Friday|
|Module 3 (London) – 09.15am-5.00pm||15-17 May 2024||Wednesday – Friday|
|Zoom Session 3 (9.30am-5.30pm)||14 June 2024||Friday|
|Module 4 (Bristol) – 09.30am-5.30pm||17-19 July 2024||Wednesday – Friday|
The full course fee is £3835. A non-refundable deposit of £450 is payable to secure your place. We are offering an Early Bird price of £3575 if you secure your place by 1 October 2023.
Once the deposit is received, the remainder is due before the course begins. A small number of bursaries are available. Please contact us directly for more information. Discretionary payment plans are available on request.
Please note: CSC is a Not for Profit organisation and does not, therefore, charge VAT.
How to Apply for this Training
This training is now fully booked. However, if you would like to join, we can put your name on the waiting list. Should somebody drop out we will offer the place to applicants on the waiting list. Please email [email protected] to add your name to the waiting list. If no-one drops out, you will be given priority for the 2025 Applied training.
Gaye Donaldson (BACP)
In 2021 Gaye became the Creative Director of CSC having held the position of Managing Director for many years. She is a member of the Senior Teaching Faculty and, with faculty input, she also designs many of the Centre courses. She found constellation work in 1994 and has trained extensively in both family and organisational constellations. She teaches, facilitates workshops, and works as a systemic coach & consultant in film, theatre and other creative initiatives both in the UK and abroad.
Chris Williams (BACP)
Director of the Centre and a teaching faculty member. He has been working in the therapeutic field since 1990 and currently works as a Constellation Practitioner, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, Coach and Trainer. He is a UKCP registered gestalt psychotherapist and a senior accredited BACP counsellor, with a well-established practice in South London. ing in the therapeutic field since 1990 and currently works as a Constellation Practitioner, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, C is a